In Philosophy class today, the lecturer talked about something, and what I caught on was 'words kill more than weapons'.
I realized this fact more than ever after reading that a talented artist, though new, left his group, left Korea and returned to the states.
Although I'm saddened by the fact that he had to leave, I'm equally concerned on the circumstances that made him make such a decision.
He had apologize for a private conversation he had with his close friend when he was in training, alone in a country whose culture he had not gotten used to.
Why can't that be that? Must there be a petition asking him to commit suicide?
I won't elaborate on the whole story because I don't know it all and I don't want to act and speak as I know the full story.
But what I know is this, a petition to get him or any other person to commit suicide is wrong, very wrong.
It indirectly points to those who sign it as murderers. How could this ever turn into something so extreme?
The petition was taken down from its site, but the fact it was signed by some netizens (internet citizens) literally made me threw up.
I just have to say that netizens got to understand that hiding behind that computer typing negative message will get you nowhere but will hurt the subject of your negative comments.
Well, here's what I think,
An arm being shot at by a gun and rendered useless can be amputated, treated, given a replacement. But words that pierce and tramples on the heart needs lots of time to heal, mended and given new hope.
It's something that I too have to learn.
It'll be hard not to judge people or things at face value,
but trying is better than not to try at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note,
There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm. ~Willa Cather
If you ever encounter a storm, take it, it might shatter you pysically, but inwards, you'll grow stronger!

