Well, I was locked outside the house today.
For the apparent reason: forgot to bring house key.
You can forget anything else but never house keys & assignments.
------------------- getting on,
Today, the pastor preached about entertaining thoughts. How negative thoughts from the evil one always interrupt our daily life and try to take something away from us.
So, after borrowing my books from the library, I checked the timetable for the train. And it says the next train will be arriving at 3:05 p.m. That's 4 minutes! and I'm still at building 8. It's near Melbourne Central, but with the "red don't walk and green go" thing going on, it's unlikely to be on time for the train. And I really don't want to wait another 25 minutes.
But inside me, I thought, oh...I'm sure I'll miss it. How would I be able to make it in 4 minutes. Oh well, have to wait 25 minutes. Then I paused.
I rethink and said to myself. No, no. I'm going to make it. The train will be delayed a few minutes and I will make it just in time. Have faith.
Then...I went into Melbourne central. The big clock states 3:05 p.m. And I still haven't make it down and through the validating area, much less the platform. I went all 'I missed it, I missed it.'
But yet again, I stopped myself and said "The train's always late, so, I'll make it."
And I did make it. As I walked down the elevator, the train came (it was about 2 minutes late), just late enough for me to get my tired little self on the train.
bwa ha. See! Say no and go away to negative thoughts that most of the time don't come true.
I am all: I can make it. Yes I can. God's favor is upon me. And I'll try hard. With God's guidance, I can make it. I will make it. To finish my assignments and read up for the quiz.
cheers!
shuwen.
For the apparent reason: forgot to bring house key.
You can forget anything else but never house keys & assignments.
------------------- getting on,
Today, the pastor preached about entertaining thoughts. How negative thoughts from the evil one always interrupt our daily life and try to take something away from us.
So, after borrowing my books from the library, I checked the timetable for the train. And it says the next train will be arriving at 3:05 p.m. That's 4 minutes! and I'm still at building 8. It's near Melbourne Central, but with the "red don't walk and green go" thing going on, it's unlikely to be on time for the train. And I really don't want to wait another 25 minutes.
But inside me, I thought, oh...I'm sure I'll miss it. How would I be able to make it in 4 minutes. Oh well, have to wait 25 minutes. Then I paused.
I rethink and said to myself. No, no. I'm going to make it. The train will be delayed a few minutes and I will make it just in time. Have faith.
Then...I went into Melbourne central. The big clock states 3:05 p.m. And I still haven't make it down and through the validating area, much less the platform. I went all 'I missed it, I missed it.'
But yet again, I stopped myself and said "The train's always late, so, I'll make it."
And I did make it. As I walked down the elevator, the train came (it was about 2 minutes late), just late enough for me to get my tired little self on the train.
bwa ha. See! Say no and go away to negative thoughts that most of the time don't come true.
I am all: I can make it. Yes I can. God's favor is upon me. And I'll try hard. With God's guidance, I can make it. I will make it. To finish my assignments and read up for the quiz.
cheers!
shuwen.

